The appliedAI Initiative is Germany's largest initiative fostering the application of AI technology in the German industry landscape. We aim to lift Germany to the AI age by accelerating the adoption of AI technology. We do this through education (with e.g.: NVIDIA, Google, Startups, and DAX Companies), implementation of machine-learning software and infrastructure solutions with companies (e.g. in the domain of AI-based automation, computer vision, reinforcement learning) and by providing a neutral ground for knowledge exchange between key players in the AI space (see our partners).
appliedAI Engineering develops proofs of concept and products in a wide variety of domains, ranging from graph analysis, process automation and time series analysis to optimal control and reinforcement learning in industry. We find the hot topics in AI with the most impact in industry and society and conduct research with the goal of transferring academic knowledge into practice.
- Work on AI projects together with customers and implement showcases and prototypes with the applied AI and customer team
- Develop AI modules in own responsibility as a part of more complex projects like an autonomous ship or automated sentiment analysis for ideation purpose
- Potentially, write reports about new approaches towards analytics and AI
- Discuss with world's experts, learn and write about new approaches towards cloud-based-AI / edge-computing
- Enrolled as a student in a STEM discipline
- Knowledge towards implementing and understanding of state-of-the-art machine learning approaches (e.g. Neural Nets)
- Fluent English and German in written and spoken word
What we offer
A highly qualified and motivated team of ~50 people is on a journey to change the rapidly evolving European AI Landscape. ~25 of us have a strong scientific, engineering or CS background.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
- Want to learn about robotics, autonomous drones or smart factories? All of this is happening at appliedAI.
- You will have access to the newest technology in the AI domain. We operate clusters with ML optimized systems such as Nvidia’s DGX or IBM Power9 servers, we work with pre-release software of our partners and test other novel hardware systems like FPGA accelerators or Franka Emika robots.
- An atmosphere that encourages to think and experiment in new ways with software and hardware - guaranteed impact with new ideas.
- Hottest topics of the next decade and freedom and trust to initiate own activities.
- A highly visible initiative that helps you build a large and high level network of start-ups, partners, and tech companies.
- Internal seminar in machine learning and computer science.
- Hackathons organized by UnternehmerTUM.
- Access to the UnternehmerTUM MakerSpace for personal projects.
- Free food, coffee, snacks, etc.
Juliane Haspel (Consultant Recruiting)
UnternehmerTUM GmbH, Lichtenbergstraße 6, 85748 Garching bei München