We support technology-based founding teams and start-ups with prototyping grants so you can turn your idea into a product. Our focus is on ventures in the field of B2B and deep tech.
Audience: early-stage start-ups and student teams
Format: prototyping grants
As UnternehmerTUM Funding, we support exceptional founding teams with deep tech solutions in B2B (business to business). You're part of a UnternehmerTUM program, the Technical University of Munich, or the TUM Venture Labs? Then secure your customized pre-seed funding that lifts you off the ground!
This is how portfolio companies benefit:
- grants for early-stage prototyping projects
- pragmatic and quick funding decisions based on founder-friendly standardized contracts
Our funding focus:
- B2B hardware and hardware/software combinations from the fields of IoT/robotics, artificial intelligence/virtual reality, and synthetic biology/medical technology
Our mission is to make prototyping easy and affordable for teams that have not yet secured financial backing. These grants give you the freedom to refine your entrepreneurial idea and prepare to form your company, including these steps:
- build your first prototype or develop your product further
- create or refine your business model
- form your company and secure intellectual property (IP)
You can use the funding for:
- prototyping material
- hardware development
- registering your patent
You cannot use the funding for:
- marketing and PR
- outsourcing product development
- consultancy services
We support you with EUR 1,000 to 5,000 per grant. If that sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, head over to the application!