The appliedAI Initiative is Germany's largest initiative fostering the application of AI technology in the German industry landscape. We aim to lift Germany to the AI age by accelerating the adoption of AI technology. We do this through education (with e.g.: NVIDIA, Google, Startups, and DAX Companies), implementation of machine-learning software and infrastructure solutions with companies (e.g. in the domain of AI-based automation, computer vision, reinforcement learning) and by providing a neutral ground for knowledge exchange between key players in the AI space (see our partners).
appliedAI Engineering develops proofs of concept and products in a wide variety of domains, ranging from graph analysis, process automation and time series analysis to optimal control and reinforcement learning in industry. We find the hot topics in AI with the most impact in industry and society and conduct research with the goal of transferring academic knowledge into practice.
As a (senior) AI Engineer you will drive the application of AI in real world settings. We deeply understand that building AI solutions is more than hacking scripts and notebooks together. We see it as an engineering discipline and therefore mix the notion of Software Engineering and AI Research. Pragmatism and an understanding of the tools of computer science are essential to well designed AI products. As a (senior) AI Engineer you will work on state-of-the-art approaches and challenges of AI as well as software engineering. Together with our team of AI and Software Engineers, you will also be responsible for helping our partner companies take your application from proof of concept to rolling it out across their organization.
- M.Sc. / Ph.D. in STEM
- Solid experience in Python. Other programming languages like Scala will be a bonus
- Experience in machine learning projects, preferably as technical lead
- A thorough understanding of program / software design and service or application development, as well as professional development workflows
- Thorough understanding of essential statistics and machine learning concepts
- Deep knowledge of one particular domain in ML / data science / statistics. From Bayesian graphical models to model interpretability or meta-learning for neural networks, you tell us about it
- Good communication skills
- Team player with a willingness to learn new things
- Fluent English
WOULD BE ADVANTAGEOUS TO HAVE:
- Publications in statistics, machine learning or their applications in science
- Experience with cyber-physical systems (e.g. ROS, Jetson, Microcontrollers)
- Conversational German or better
What we offer
A highly qualified and motivated team of ~50 people is on a journey to change the rapidly evolving European AI Landscape. ~25 of us have a strong scientific, engineering or CS background.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
- Want to learn about robotics, autonomous drones or smart factories? All of this is happening at appliedAI.
- Time for personal projects.
- You will have access to the newest technology in the AI domain. We operate clusters with ML optimized systems such as Nvidia’s DGX or IBM Power9 servers, we work with pre-release software of our partners and test other novel hardware systems like FPGA accelerators or Franka Emika robots. You can also use all of this for your personal projects.
- An atmosphere that encourages to think and experiment in new ways with software and hardware - guaranteed impact with new ideas.
- Hottest topics of the next decade and freedom and trust to initiate own activities.
- A highly visible initiative that helps you build a large and high level network of start-ups, partners, and tech companies.
- Budget and time to visit important conferences, read papers and develop your skills with the team - potentially showcasing results at relevant events.
- Internal seminar in machine learning and computer science.
- Hackathons organized by UnternehmerTUM.
- Access to the UnternehmerTUM MakerSpace for personal projects.
- Pick your own hardware.
- Free food, coffee, snacks, etc.
- (Optional) after work Fridays and monthly dinners.
Juliane Haspel (Consultant Recruiting)
UnternehmerTUM GmbH, Lichtenbergstraße 6, 85748 Garching bei München