TUM Entrepreneurial Masterclass
Combine scientific excellence with entrepreneurial ambition and create value for society with your Master thesis.
Audience: Master students enrolled at the Technical University of Munich (TUM)
Cost: participation in the program is fully financed by TUM and UnternehmerTUM
Duration: 4 batches per year. You can find the exact dates below.
Start: flexible, upon arrangement
In the TUM Entrepreneurial Masterclass, you’ll dedicate your master thesis to what you are truly passionate about. While graduating with an excellent academic paper, you’ll pursue your entrepreneurial ambitions and create a direct positive impact on society.
Three tracks for impact-driven Master theses:
Start-up Creation Track: write your Master thesis on a topic related to your start-up idea.
Entrepreneurship Support Track: contribute to the improvement of the start-up infrastructure and support system of TUM with your research.
Tech Venture Challenge Track: work in an interdisciplinary team with other master students to find sustainable solutions for complex challenges of society.
Vibrant community and scientific guidance:
two focus seminars each semester - at beginning and mid-term, including topics such as academic writing and scientific methods as well as personal development and entrepreneurship
bi-weekly stand-up with all participants for discussions, reviews, and coaching
close exchange and mutual support among the participants
access to our entrepreneurial ecosystem
You’ll receive personal supervision by doctoral candidates of TUM, particularly at TUM ERI, and/or one supervisor of your faculty.
You’ll submit your Master theses for grading at your faculty, leading to the respective academic degree.
Each semester, the university presidency awards the most outstanding Master thesis.
admission to MakerSpace and TUM incubator co-working spaces
project budget upon application
access to entrepreneurship support services of TUM and UnternehmerTUM
Four batches per year:
- January 1st, 2022 (Application Deadline: November 1st, 2021)
- April 1st, 2022 (Application Deadline: February 1st, 2022)
- July 1st, 2022 (Application Deadline. May 1st, 2022)
- October 1st, 2022 (Application Deadline: August 1st, 2022)
- January 1st, 2023 (Application Deadline: November 1st, 2022)
To apply, make sure you fulfill this criteria
- ongoing Master studies at TUM, all usual requirements for registering a Master thesis
- entrepreneurial drive, personal commitment, enthusiasm to contribute to a lively community, ambition to write an excellent and impact-driven thesis
- record of exceptional personal achievements
- Develop your own project idea or refer to current offers.
- Apply with a CV, letter of motivation and (if relevant) project draft via e-mail.
- Candidates are selected by a committee.